Advertisement

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Drat

Now I know all about fantasies. Angelina leaving Brad for my obvious prowess and good looks, Ferrari offering me Masa’s seat in their F1 car, and Dr. Yang apologizing profusely for the mixed up test results, “No, really you’re the picture of health” being my current top three. The point being I know I haven’t quite lost my mind as long as I know they are just that. Fantasies.

I did kind of expect that my efforts would be starting to pay off and that at my next appointment Dr. Yang would remark, “Terrific, you are completely under control, just keep up what you’re doing and you will be fine.” And I’ve certainly been pleased with my recent results.

I had another meal lined up to test, to keep on plugging away, pulled out the meter to get the pre-meal baseline and…

225.

That can’t be right, I was disappointed yesterday with a pre-meal 91. So I tested again.

225.

No way. That’s only five points lower than my all time highest, post meal, reading. Maybe I got the calibration wrong or it’s a bad batch. Swap to the spare strips, code is 30, check it in the meter, prick, bleed and…

225.

Damn.

No comments: