Advertisement

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Problems with my X

This is the first time in quite awhile I’ve done my exercise program two days in a row. Some observations:

1. I’m used to having at least one day of recovery between workouts, and I really could use it.
2. It’s easy to get up at five am when you have to take a leak anyway.
3. Even if the supplements don’t help with my BG level, they may help keep me going.
The diabetes makes me tired and I’m pretty sure that it, rather than age as I previously thought, is the reason my recovery between workouts seems to take longer each month. Nothing I can really do about either other than just suck it up and solider on I guess.

The other thing I noticed was how I was handling a spike. It may be a different for others, but for me it felt remarkably like I you do right when you realize you just got the flu. It was a combination of dehydration despite drinking a lot of water, headache, and a fever like quality. It happened toward the end of the workout, when Jessica decided we could stick around for an extra twenty minutes do abdominal work.

No comments: