Advertisement

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Random Ads for the Big D...

I put up an ad-sense block, although I kept it out of the way, in my other blog about racing, primarily since it would keep track of hits for me, which makes it easy for me to see if anybody is reading it (answer, a few). When I started it was also a source of unintentional hilarity. You see my very first post was about my deciding to get my race car’s nose fixed during the pre-season, since it was dinged a bit from a prior incident. I called the post, “The Nose Job.”

For the next month all the ads were about plastic surgery.

I swear for awhile it seemed like if you googled Rhinoplasty my blog might have made the top ten.

Anyway, I put a block at the bottom of this blog as well as a column to the right, partly in the hope that if I ultimately developed a modest readership it would provide me with beer money, even though, ironically, I had to stop drinking beer. But I’m thinking it’s a mistake (the Ad-Sense bit, not, sadly, the stopping beer bit).

I actually followed one of the ads myself, something called “Levolar Forte” which is a supplement that is mainly mushrooms, but which also claims a Mega-Dose of Chromium. Nearly six times the recommended dosage of Chromium in each and every pill and they are suggesting taking four a day. Twenty plus times the recommended dosage and completely ignoring the fact that most western diets already have more than enough. So it’s partly harmless (OK, in the diet some mushrooms may, or may not be helpful, but as a supplement, just how big a pill is it?) and partly a potential toxic overdose. Here I am researching like mad to pluck the best practices out of this mass of confusion and yet I put a link to stuff un-vetted that may reach near-quack if not quack status in the hope of picking up a three dollar check in six months.

God, sometimes I wonder if I was born a moron or have just been practicing my stupid for too long...

Anyway, I’m taking the random blocks down, but keeping some referral’s up like for Diabetes Daily. That way if you do click on something it is less likely to lead to something flim-flam. No guarantees, this is the Internet after all.

No comments: