Advertisement

Monday, May 5, 2008

Got some stimulus in my pocket, Baby!

I thought I made too much money to qualify, but it turns out the ‘economic stimulus’ (i.e. the fed giving me back a small chunk ‘o change) is pro-rated. Make too much and they start lopping dollars off, but I don’t make enough to drop it all the way to zero. So I unexpectedly got $345.45 worth of economic stimulus on Friday and promptly did my patriotic duty by blowing that tiny wad on junk I don’t really need.

I got a new kitchen trash can from the container store, metal this time since I’m tired of the plastic breaking all the time, for $99.

I bought a book on dumbbells, the kind you lift not the kind that breathe, for $20 at Barnes & Noble, more on that later.

I spent another fifty bucks on dishware from Sears, since I’m cooking every night instead of every week.

And the other $175 and change I’m going to use for a down payment on my next tank of gas.

No comments: